By joining the Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce, member employers also have the opportunity to join the Tuscarawas Valley Safety Council at no additional annual fee. The Tuscarawas Valley Safety Council provides employers the opportunity to attend safety education trainings on a monthly basis while also providing the opportunity to receive a BWC premium rebate* with successful completion of program requirements (see below). The fiscal year for Safety Council requirements follows the State of Ohio's fiscal year: July 1 to June 30.
For more information on the Tuscarawas Valley Safety Council and becoming a member, contact Mike Mason, TVSC Manager, at 330-343-4474.
* The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers and state agencies. Limitations apply to a professional employer organization and its clients. BWC encourages all employers to become active safety council members.
Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation FY18 Safety Council premium rebate eligibility requirements:
1. Enroll with the local Safety Council by July 31, 2017.
2. Attend 10 regular meetings or events with at least 8 of the 10 meetings being Safety Council meetings. Employer has option to gain credit for up to two meetings through attendance at Ohio Safety Congress, DSH safety training courses or industry-specific training. The Tuscarawas Valley Safety Council currently meets the third Thursday of every month, beginning at 11:30 a.m., at Dutch Valley Restaurant in Sugarcreek.
Ohio Safety Congress - maximum of one meeting credit for event, attend at least one educational session, follow continuing education instructions, submit documentation to safety council.
Division of Safety & Hygiene safety training course - maximum of one meeting credit per course, attend any scheduled course, download certificate form http://www.bwclearningcenter.com, submit documentation to safety council.
Industry-specific safety training - maximum of one meeting credit per scheduled training, documentation required, submit documentation to safety council.
3. Send a qualified senior-level manager to one safety council sponsored function or meeting (this attendance counts as credit toward one of 10 meetings required).
4. Submit semi-annual reports for the 2017 calendar year.