Save on your workers’ compensation premiums
If you pay into the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) for workers’ compensation premiums, we have savings programs and cost containment strategies for you that are administered by our partner, CompManagement, and already a part of your member benefits with the Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce.
CompManagement is our program administrator and the leading third party administrator (TPA) for workers’ compensation in Ohio, representing over 25,000 employers in virtually every industry classification from large corporations to small family-owned businesses.
- Workers’ Compensation – Claims administration; cost containment solutions; hearing representation; program consultation; safety services; rate & underwriting services.
- Unemployment Compensation – Claims administration and reporting; hearing representation; tax management.
- Education & Training – A variety of topics offered onsite, online or via webinar.
It is recommended that all state funded employers annually review the BWC alternative rating/premium discount programs available. Members may utilize the expertise of CompManagement’s colleagues to review their policy and determine the programs that may garner the most savings while keeping in mind their risk tolerance. Major discount programs include:
- Group Rating – Savings generally range from 20% of premium to the maximum discount allowed by the Bureau of Worker’s Compensation (BWC)
- Group Retrospective Rating – Receive retrospective premium refunds at the end of the three evaluation periods if claim costs are kept below a predetermined amount
- Destination Excellence – Includes Administrative rebates, Safety Council rebates, an Industry Specific Safety bonus, a Drug Free Safety incentive program and a Transitional Work Grant program with up to a 10% bonus (stackable with Group Rating)
- Drug Free Safety – Receive a discount between basic (4% bonus) or advanced (7% bonus) level programs to help your organization prevent on-the-job injuries and illness by integrating drug-free efforts (stackable with Group Rating)
- Safety Council – Receive a rebate of 2% of your annual workers’ compensation premium through program participation and an additional 2% performance rebate on the reduction of the frequency or severity of claims (stackable with Group Rating)
- Grow Ohio – To encourage job creation, the Grow Ohio incentive program provides new employers in the state with the option of participating in a Group Rating program or an automatic 25% discount on their workers’ compensation premium
- Other Alternative Rating Programs – CompManagement also encourages all members to look at program discount/rebate stacking options when participating in either Group Rating or Group Retrospective Rating. When participating in Group Rating, consider adding on Industry Specific Safety (3%) and Transitional Work (up to 10% bonus). Group Retrospective Rating participants should consider stacking on the Safety Council participation rebate (2 %). Whether participating in Group Rating or Group Retrospective Rating, additional discounts can be added such as Lapse Free (1%) and Go Green (1%)
For more information on all of the alternative rating / premium discount programs, click here.
Not Currently Participating in this Member Benefit?
CompManagement offers a free, no-obligation evaluation to assist with your annual due diligence to compare discount opportunities and fees. This is an opportunity to compare TPA services and receive valuable account information including rating options, premium estimate and claims history. CompManagement’s experts will offer suggestions for participation in programs that can be stacked together to maximize your savings.
2 easy ways to complete your request for a free evaluation
1. Online Now
2. Call CompManagement’s Customer Support Unit at 800.825.6755, option 3
If your current third party administrator is not providing your organization with these alternative options, or elevating your service experience, consider enlisting the services of CompManagement, Ohio’s leading workers’ compensation administrator and take advantage of this tremendous member benefit offered by the Tuscarawas County Chamber of Commerce.